Haloween trial 4: dark brew

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by OzzyMandaean, Nov 2, 2018.

1. OzzyMandaean

OzzyMandaean New Agent

Hi, I'm stuck again. I think I've taken a wrong turn, I have access to
    locations addresses etc
    but no idea what to do with them, from reading the other thread (a bit confusing as this mission is mixed up with the one after, and the thread title there is about the last not this one) it seems that other people that have done this have already found out stuff that I havent yet. i have no data about the hitman apart from the name of the company where he works and its parent company. So I went back to the IP
    192.168.1.128 which i got from the stopthekiller bit and tried accessing that with foxacid
    but my remote address doesnt change. I have access to 3 vpns from this mission, is ther supposed to be a 4th here?

2. OzzyMandaean

OzzyMandaean New Agent

Also ignore any more typos that i havent yet corrected, apparently my content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements :/

3. Dgray

Dgray Active Agent

I think the hacker was supposed to give you sufficient info to hack into the killer's phone. Everything you need to determine the attack vector is on the phone
    You don't need the store locations until the last trial. When you try to identify which location based on information from the phone

OzzyMandaean likes this.
  4. archdruidardanos

archdruidardanos Active Agent

Stucked on the info which should be provided by the phone. Or maybe i it is the Target i am stucked with -> what is expected as "attack vector"

- a location
    - a way to the location/transport (my best guess)
    - a person

I found the flight ticket , which indicates a travel from Washington DC to Vietnam. So i guess the target will be in DC.

But neither location in the \\AD-RnRLocations are accepted as Solution neither full street name or branchXY

Am i missing something or is it just a typo thing that no answer is valid … after 1,5 hour of trail and error through the info i have given up for that try - next time it shows up i hope i have better luck or a better glue what the answer may look like

thanks for a hints

5. OzzyMandaean

OzzyMandaean New Agent

Found out its the same bug someone reported about tier2, I guess it affects all numerical ip addresses and not just for that part of the mission. Problem solved and halloween eventually finished, but I didnt like the choice!

archdruidardanos, you're looking for what he's going to use to attack people.
    a notebook and a pen or pencil can be very handy sometimes

6. Oberon

Oberon Active Agent

I have also some difficultys by understanding the expression of the "vector of attack"... In my opinion it is how the attack will be taken... Or which way, right?
    So I did compare the order of the owner and the final order for differences... I mean IF it is the clue to the answer... He is trying to kill several people, so we know, so his working place seems to be a logical suggestion and the way of reciving this goal. But whatever I try to type in in different combination it just keep telling me: I am wrong. Probably I am just overthinking it and it is something more simple, but shouldn't several different typed answers with the more or less same meaning should be possible to accept? And yes, since two days I try to figure it out, what to type in.

I would be gratefull for a hint... Also if I am beeing compleatly wrong about this...

But seriously, I really like this whoole riddle!! It's quite challanching ^_^

And a notepad and a pen I am always using by this kind of game... Sometimes hints hidden well...

7. Phaid

Phaid Active Agent

So you have the list of what was ordered and what was delivered. Are there any items missing from what was requested?

archdruidardanos likes this.
  8. Oberon

Oberon Active Agent

Right, maybe I didn't point it out well, but I found the difference allready. But what I did expect as answer to typing in there, was totaly wrong... The only thing I didn't try yet (because I am waiting for the mission to reappear) is to wrote just the single word... What would be quite silly, because he don't throw a
    whoole pumkin
    No, I must mispell it somehow.... Sowwy, my brain is just beeing offline at this point, because of figuring out what I do wrong... LOL

9. archdruidardanos

Well thanks for the hints - seems i was just blind while comparing all my info. After completing this i admit it was a nice riddle.

10. CasperOrillian

CasperOrillian Active Agent

OK so Im on the final trial and I am sure I have the right info
    Taken from whats his faces phone
    but I am unsure exactly what formatting that the bounty expects.

11. archdruidardanos

Word_ONE Word_Two will work

12. CasperOrillian

CasperOrillian Active Agent

Thats interesting, the answer that i had that worked had... well more than two, lets put it that way.

13. Dgray

Dgray Active Agent

Maybe AliceAndSmith finally figured out regular expressions? So answers aren't as strict?

My attack vector had about 4 words to it. (But I can imagine the game coded so only the first two mattered)
    My location answer had about 4-5 words.