Final artifact checkpoint (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'ARG Investigations' started by LionOfComarre, Dec 3, 2016.

1. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

Is the identity of the girl in the Helianthus video known? I'm pretty sure it's been said at some point and I've forgotten because the TBW lore is getting a bit expansive now. Is she one of the TBW remote viewing subjects or am I making that up?

Also, I'm curious if there's any further significance to the Heliathus title. The sunflower is a symbol of the Aesthetic Movement, which would both match the timeframe of the other stuff we've encountering, and match the child's insistence that her art will help the overworked recipient see there's more to the world. Or it could just be a child wanting to give someone a picture of a pretty flower. I don't even know at this point. I can't sleep enough. I'm starting to wonder if I have R36. Is there a non-intrusive way to check my BDNF levels?

Anashel likes this.
  2. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

It's hard to say. I would rule out Jocelyn. Her mother is pretty "normal" in the eulogy, and there's clearly something off in the relationship between the narrator and her mother.

It could be a young Baup. As far as I understand, she's one of a pair of twins born from Annaliese Michel. Rosenberg spirited her away, and presumably tested the GWT on her because of the BDNF. That wouldn't really explain the young girl talking about her mother, though. She would not have had a relationship like that with Annaliese, because she was too young (I don't think.)

What is worth mentioning is that Helianthus is directly related to the introduction TBW video, so maybe the child is someone in our custody.

3. NoShitSherlock

NoShitSherlock Senior Agent

Remember reading something about Rhopa? Check who did the Rosenberg Clinic website... and click. Also, when you're on Oak Valley website they're mentionned here

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  4. LionOfComarre

Yeah, that's one of the first things I discovered when doing the new ARG stuff. Has anyone found a numerical code that does anything? The archive codes in the Oak Valley intranet all have numbers higher than those presented.

Edit: Never mind, figured out what the archive codes were. Also there seems to be a lot more intranet articles than at launch now? Dunno if they've updated it for everyone, or if it's related to opening the gates ingame.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  5. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

I found the Rhopa group website, but I left it since clicking didn't seem to do much. What do you need to do here? When you say there are more intranet articles, you mean Oak Valley ones, right? The Rosenberg archive only lets me log in to see Chapman's letter.

6. LionOfComarre

Yeah, there's stuff for some patients I couldn't access at launch. A lot of it seems to be randomly generated fluff text though. Patients' diagonsis and treatment states fluctuate over short periods of time in ways that don't really make sense.

7. NoShitSherlock

NoShitSherlock Senior Agent

The magic square from that page has 66 as solution. It doesn't seem to open a page, www.rhopagroup.com/66, www.rhopagroup.com/sixtysix only leads to error 403/forbidden. Any ideas?

Anashel likes this.
  8. Goldwing

Goldwing Active Agent

Got something from Oak Valley:
    There are a lot of files, but their contents are all the same, and in hexadecimal, this is what they all say:

There would be a Guide—and a very terrible one; a Guide who had been an entity of earth millions of years before, when man was undreamed of, and when forgotten shapes moved on a steaming planet building strange cities among whose last, crumbling ruins the earliest mammals were to play. Carter remembered what the monstrous Necronomicon had vaguely and disconcertingly adumbrated concerning that Guide.

The titles are seemingly random, if anyone wants a look, the password is really easy.

9. LionOfComarre

Yeah, that's a quote from The Silver Key in the Dreamlands Cycle, the description refers to 'Umr at-Tawil, or Yog-Sothoth. I was hoping that would lead to something to input on the Rhopagroup site, since the quote is always listed beneath a reference to a Rhopagroup server, but I haven't found a numerical sequence related to Yog-Sothoth that fits the options given at the website.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Anashel likes this.
  10. bladedraconis

bladedraconis Senior Agent

No matter what you stick in there it still says Access Denied. So 66 might not be a way in. Then again, Anashel liked this post so who knows :D

Anashel likes this.
  11. LionOfComarre

They just like to see us struggle.

Anashel and Clear like this.
  12. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

I'm beginning to think that's right, after days of messing with the Rosenberg documents in gimp-the illegible righting on the sides of a few of the pages and the texture, if you stare too long it's like seeing dinosaurs in clouds.