Day #1

Discussion in 'Early Access' started by Anashel, May 29, 2015.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi everyone!

I made a quick video introduction!

Password: tbw-10

Jarobi will send you your steam key for early access. This enable you to download the latest client and give you access to the first training mission.

Todays objectives is to successfully install the game from steam, test the log-in process and do a first mission.

As I said in the video, first mission is extremely easy and should run smoothly. Use this thread if you encounters any problems installing the game from steam or doing the first mission. Also, tell us how long it took you to solve it so we can get a general idea of difficulty level from various players.

If you played the beta before, you will see that we have added achievement, clearance level and updated the soundtrack.

You can reach me and Jarobi at any time if you need help!

4 people like this.
  2. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Excellent. I have to go get dinner in about 15 minutes, but I'll be back in a couple hours to get it up and running :D

2 people like this.
  3. Tyryt

Tyryt Senior Agent

Completed. Took about... I don't know, 3 minutes?
    Um, one thing I did notice.. I did a bad and saw Cybertech as the selected class on the agent panel, clicked on the main agent class, and can't get back to cybertech as it is locked. so.. don't know if that is intentional or not.
    I didn't notice any grammatical errors (though I'm not an editor). The accent on the briefer was noticeable, but easy to understand.

Hey there Nikel, glad to see you made it too!

4. Maurna

Maurna Gold Member

Installation went smoothly. Morpho is creepy. Mission took about a minute? I missed the stamp with the first viewing of the image even though they are exactly the same. It is slightly annoying that you have a 50/50 chance of getting answer 2 correct the first time you enter it. The words are the same length: I, for example went left to right rather than highest to lowest. I would recommend changing that one to accept either word order given that it's the very first mission.

I think it's a great intro overall. Introduces the feel of the corporations we'll be investigating, reminds both new and old ARGers that sometimes the clues are REALLY obvious but also that you can get distracted by the super obvious and miss other information.

I read Tyryt's post. I then went and redid the mission in order to click on Cybertech. It converts you back to Agent and leaves you there. Given that the 4 skills are locked, sort of seems like starting as Cybertech is the bug?

Replaying the mission and getting 100% accurate this time did not improve my average which is, if I remember from a different forum thread, a fix for a past bug.

And one more. I can see my achievements in that I can see the achivements window with the little icons. I've even completed one! But there's no mouse over/click ability to tell me what I've completed and what I haven't. If you put your cursor over them they turn a lighter color but that's it.

Does it really have to be one per day? :)

~MF

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  5. Maurna

Maurna Gold Member

Oooh the situation room is different!
    ~MF

6. Tyryt

Tyryt Senior Agent

Also... I'm sad at the Accuracy %, as there was no way to know the order of the words, and both are fine gramatically. :( small points, but, mreh.

7. Anashel

Since I didn't deleted your playfab account, I think that's why you have Cybertech. Let me check that out.

8. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, this is supposed to be a VERY easy mission, so we should allow for both responses to part 2. Don't want you to mess up your accuracy.

9. Zargh

Zargh Moderator

Test Protocol 29.05.2015
    Day 1
    21:52
    Starting Steam

21:58
    Productkey activated, Download started

22:07
    Game started, login with known credentials was no problem
    Started Briefing Video, runs smooth, only one little point of critism:
    as a not natural english person, is it possible please to let the subtitles stay a bit longer
    and make a little pause between each sentence? It's a bit fast for an old man like me :)

22:11
    Quitting game, restarting it. This time useing a fake account, doesnt work, good :)

22:12
    Creating new account, Tyanor, using known email adress, error, good :)

22:13
    Creating new account, Tyanor, using different email, creation successfull, good :)

22:15
    Starting first part of training mission, yes, it is easy :)

22:18
    Solved second part, note to myself: Stupid man, successful is written with 1 l !!!

22:20
    Starting to test all other functions, all in all, smooth, very cool music, i love it :)

Greetings
    Frank

3 people like this.
  10. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Thank you for the feedback Zargh!

11. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

Zargh has me inspired to explore the interface in much more detail.
    Download & Install worked fine.
    Updated clearance level to Yellow
    More testing details to follow in email to Jarobi after I finish

3 people like this.
  12. Kle

Kle Senior Agent

Installation went smoothly. Mission was fine and the feel of the first mission was easy but as you said it's aimed at people who aren't familiar with the idea.

I have one minor annoyance. On the second part of the puzzle it requires you to look at the image more clearly. The image is zoomed in a crazy amount and there is no way to zoom out. It was extremely frustrating.

A more suitable way would be to have the image only slightly zoomed like it was in the first part of the mission and allow the player to zoom in further if they see something of interest.

13. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

I intend to get started shortly, just a quick note to anyone wondering that since I am in the AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) zone, that it may seem that I start a bit later then everyone else, that is usually the case because I am asleep when things like this begin.

14. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

here is my test so far, unfortunately the solution does not appear to be working for me at the moment.

8:05
    activated product on Steam
    8:08
    product installation began
    8:15
    tested the "forgot my password" feature, it worked flawlessly
    8:17
    started the first mission, introductory cutscene did have a bit of stuttering unfortunately, mainly after the commanding officer stepped in and started introducing me to the mission
    8:22
    tried the hidden code 4 times, one upper and one lower case, one word first then the other
    8:23
    tried the show in browser feature, worked like a charm and allowed me to see the hidden words easier, code still not working.

15. Anashel

16. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

Sure, ping is 55ms, download speed is 4.15Mbps and upload speed is 0.63Mbps, with the stuttering it only starts after the commander starts talking, the Morpho part at the start runs fine.

17. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

I also noticed that all classes other then Agent were locked for me.

18. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

Just found a crash, tried to copy/paste something in to the code field and the game stopped responding.

19. Maurna

Maurna Gold Member

Interesting, that has worked for me in the beta

20. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

Found out something about the stuttering, it turns out that it starts at the exact moment the Morpho video starts to act up before it changes to the TBW briefing. I think I remember having a similar issue in one of the beta missions (the one with the man talking behind a desk, the ones with only the line showing the speech-dunno what it is called, alone worked fine), if I were not under an NDA I would ask if anyone in the IRC had a similar issue.