Cybertechs, You're Watched.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zekh, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

http://map.ipviking.com/
    This made me thought of us, click and you'll easily find out why.
    Ghosthack church, anyone ?

10 people like this.
  2. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

I love that site..I don't know what most of it means, but I like watching the pretty lights.

2 people like this.
  3. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

It's a map of servers participating in the ipviking honeypot network, which detects attacks of various types and reports back to this map service.

Basically each line is an "attack" on a server.

2 people like this.
  4. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Oh, I knew that part, I just don't know what the types of attacks mean and all that jazz. Again, pretty, pretty lights...

6 people like this.
  5. Edmond Dante

Edmond Dante New Agent

This site also only logs attacks that at some point pass through a network controlled by the Security company that created this website. They offer a fairly robust suite of security services, and that map is designed more as a marketing tool than anything else. That said there's a lot of information on that map that could be quite useful to a lot of people, I've always had mixed feelings about them posting some of the information they have on there. Then again I'm far too lazy to check and see if that information is accurate or replaced with fake info for privacy concerns. It's a fun site though for sure.

*Edit* also... any personally identifiable information posted (if real) can be obtained a lot of ways and using that site for recon or planning would be a bit silly considering some of the other tools you could use to get the same info (and a lot more detail).