Custom Tbw Os (full On Project Relaunch)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JantsoP, May 1, 2016.

?

What operating system should be first?

Poll closed May 8, 2016.
  1. Windows 7

23.1%
  2. Windows 8.1

15.4%
  3. Windows 10

61.5%
  1. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Some of you may remember this project. I have done this twice and both the times my interest about it kinda dropped. But now, I will be relaunching the project again. This time, I will listen the community and make their selection of Windows as an custom one.

The custom OS will include:
    Custom wallpaper(s)
    Pre-Installed browsers (Chrome + Firefox)
    IE Disabled (because just no)
    Pre-Installed Steam and maybe TBW + Nite Team 4 Demo

You can suggest me more what i should include with the OS.

Where i can get the OS?
    I am currently doing an website for the files. The website will require registration and all files will be downloaded via P2P (.torrent) file.

Hey wait a minute! Since it's a .torrent file, am i breaking any laws on it?
    No. Microsoft has some loops holes on their EULA which allows to modify their own software if using proper licenses. I have one of them so i can modify the install of the Windows.

Well ok then. What about the product keys?
    Well depends of your machine. If it's Windows 7, it can be found on the computer side (if desktop) or from the bottom/behind battery (laptops). If you have bought the license from retailer etc, use that to activate the copies of windows. Or you can just can get the an KMS key (general) From Microsoft at: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867(v=ws.11).aspx

Download/Current OS Versions
    Win 8.1 Core (aka Home)
    32-bit: TBD
    64-bit: TBD

Wind 8.1 Pro
    64-bit: https://div88.org/tbwos/TBW_OS_PRE-ALPHA_V1_UNTESTED.iso.torrent

Win 10 Home

Win 10 Pro

Please run this on Virtual Machines.... You can make them as your primary OS, but do remember, this has no warranty. So use at own risk as main OS. VM should be fine. If that crashes, you wont loose anything important etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  2. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

Hi Jantsop

I have registered, but when following the confirmation link it fails to find the site to complete registration. hope that helps

3. JantsoP

I have activated your account.

I will be moving the site from my home box to my Ireland server so i Think that issue will be also fixed at time... I hope.

4. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

TY, hope it goes well, if I can help in any way with the project let me know

5. JantsoP

Poll has been closed as it was automated.

So it looks like Windows 10 won the vote so i will be starting doing that first.

I will post information + all the versions i will include with the release so keep an eye out :)

Remember to register on the site you can get the OS :)

6. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

nice one, look forward to seeing it

7. JantsoP

OP has been updated with the first OS download link. Will get more soon :)

Need to do some more testing and tweaking :)