Crash - nt4.exe - Access violation

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Da Shark, Nov 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Da Shark

Da Shark New Agent

Hi, I've just started to play this game and have been going through the Academy training. Game has crashed multiple times - running 11.3 versions

Initial crash - nt4.exe - version 2018.1.3.15056, faulting module UnityPlayer.dll (2018.1.3.15056)
    Exception: 0xc0000005

Have since upgraded Nvidia drivers (GeForce 1060 6G) to latest version and now get slightly different error code

nt4.exe - version 2018.1.3.15056, faulting module unknown
    Exception: 0xc0000005

Running on Windows 8.1, i7-3770K with 32 GB RAM
    Graphics: nVidia 1060 6G, running 2560x1440 fullscreen, graphics quality beautiful

Have yet to have the game run for more than around 5 minutes before it crashes. Always seems to be when it is about to play video/audio or has just played video.audio

Regards

2. kr4ft

kr4ft Active Agent

There used to be a bug where the artifact renders in the game caused crashes only on the "Beautiful" setting, if I am remembering correctly. Try a different setting (I run "Fantastic" windowed on a laptops 1060 6G) and have never had a crash **fingers crossed I didn't jinx myself**.

3. Da Shark

Da Shark New Agent

Many thanks for the suggestion. Found a couple of things that may have been the ultimate cause in the end after trying that with no difference.
    1 - Citrix Receiver - other articles suggest that having this installed can cause issues with Unity
    2 - CPU issues - my 3770k seems to be running a lot hotter than it should with auto-overclocking enabled - it never used to, but may just be a symptom of aging thermal compound, etc.

I removed the Receiver client and disabled the overclock on the 3770k CPU. Since doing this, no more issues.
    Regards