Comic Book Issue #1 - Santiak Chronicle

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Forums.jpg
    Dear Agents!

We are thrilled to release the long awaited Black Watchmen Comic Book!

Follow the story of Santiak, a real-life Black Watchmen agent, as he tracks down Gwendolyn Carlyle through the streets of Tokyo. The Comic is based on a real live event that happened in April, 2015. Since then, there have been over 15 Black Watchmen Live Events across the world.

As you read the account of Santiak's story, prepare yourself for the next mission: The Mother Russia live event starts next week and will require the expertise of all active agents.

GhostXTerminal, Zekh, Zerosh and 11 others like this.
  2. bladedraconis

bladedraconis Senior Agent

Awesome!

2 people like this.
  3. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

cdc.jpg
    That's what I'm talkin' bout! Good stuff! Santiak lookin like a total badass!

3 people like this.
  4. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Pretty sure that's me texting at the dinner table. Sorry, not sorry.

4 people like this.
  5. Castilion

Castilion Senior Agent

WOOO, GONNA PRINT THIS OUT AND HAVE IT ON MY SHELF!

3 people like this.
  6. jen-jen

jen-jen Active Agent

Great comic. I much enjoyed reading!

7. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Awesome work ^^

Was an amazing mission - more so when it dawned on me there were actual field agents on the ground in Tokyo; nothing quite as humbling as realizing you're cooperating and (to some extent) directing the movement of agents half way around the world.
    Not to mention making them wait while you frantically (but safely!) undertake the 2½ drive home from Uni, after having annoyed classmates for 3 hours with the frantic clickety-clack of a laptop touchpad, trying to decipher a passphrase during class.
    Or finally collapsing after a full day of pacing back and forth waiting for updates/staying at the ready/decrypting/searching - ending up making the poor Agents both in Tokyo and HQ wait while you sleep off your Mid-mission-"Hangover". ..Hrh ;o

Now, if you'll excuse me, having been relieved after roughly 1½ years of secret-keeping, I do feel rather drowsy. ;)

17 people like this.
  8. mgelles

mgelles Senior Agent

Let me start by saying as a new player I grow more excited and impressed as each day passes(though I am the farthest thing from the best puzzle solver. The challenge of the puzzles combined with the willingness to help in solving them is one of the things that impresses me along with the extent you go to involve players and the formats you use to create the world. That said my objective impression of the in-game agency is less positive because even halfway through season one I'm noting a pattern of the agency screwed the pooch again. This leaves me trying to figuire out where I would stand from the roleplaying standpoint of a shiny new agent. For instance, the comic gives us as players a window to information that the agency has moles and is playing into somebody's hands, which is information that as agents from an RP perspective we're not privy to. I've also skimmed the links to the agent Miksa backstory. however, what's the ingame story relative to the upcoming mission?What should be treated as in-game versus ooc or meta

second is anybody playing a psychologist or psy-corp? i'm noting a potential need for that.

mgelles

9. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

HI mgelles,

The Black Watchmen agency was still young in season 1 (and in the events of the comic book, which pre-date season 1), and experienced some growing pains. I can assure you that in Season 2, the agency has grown into a more secure and powerful organization.

4 people like this.
  10. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Screenshot_2016-08-21-11-38-24.png
    "They keep calling me..."

Also, I noticed Gladys in the comic! Neat little nods to the community here and there ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
    5 people like this.