Closed Beta

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi, guys!

So to our surprise Steam refused our closed beta. They will not give keys for us to host the closed beta with them.

This means we will have to create our own Closed Beta / Open Beta infrastructure. We have already started working on it. The downside is the following: every time we update the beta, you will have to download it and install it. There won't be an automatic install to manage it for you.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Orion, Jason, Nakazo and 4 others like this.
  2. cubscout61

cubscout61 New Agent

Well that's too bad, :(
    But can I ask when the beta will come out?

3. Jason

Jason New Agent

An inconvenience, nothing more.

4. LN3000

LN3000 Active Agent

That's lame. Why wouldn't they let you? I mean, it's no different than what many other games do. You're basically giving keys to users who have already purchased the game, which they let developers do. So why would it be any different?
    Makes no sense.

5. Windir

Windir Active Agent

That's too bad :(. But I have no doubt your own beta infrasturcture will be great :). And that's really a small inconvenience that - I think - everyone can live with...

6. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

I have post and email to Valve in hope they will change their mind. Meanwhile, we are working on a launcher that will auto-update the game and sign the code so you don't have that warning popup anymore.

Orion, themadhuman and Windir like this.