Clearance Level Costs Clarification

Discussion in 'ARG Support' started by Whisp, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Whisp

Whisp New Agent

I've just officially started playing (more than just demo) and would like to sign up for yellow and orange clearance but am worried about potential costs. Does anyone have confirmed costs for someone located in Canada?

I understand that for SMS and phone calls it depends on my service provider, but I'm curious as to where the texts and calls would be coming from. As in, if they were to be long distance what country are they coming in from? That's the only way I'd be able to figure out what I may be charged.

As for receiving packages in the mail, do the recipients pay at the post office? Again, if so does anyone have the costs of these packages or the location from which they're shipped from to help with estimates? And how big are the packages (envelope or boxes)?

-Whisp

2. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

On the phone calls:
    Well according to my phone (iPhone 6), it tells that the calls come from Malta (automated calls). If the call is an Dispatch call, then from an Unknown/Blocked number. There are some missions in the past where you needed to call place X, so the mission could go on.

On the packages:
    All the post fees are take care of by HQ. Mainly you just get letters to your mailbox. I've never heard of any big packages going out for the players. If someone has got them (related to missions, not any Kickstarter swag etc), do tell in here.

3. Whisp

Whisp New Agent

Are the phone calls an extra charge? Or do you have international calling to prevent that? (If you're alright with me asking that of course!)

4. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

last time i got called for a mission i was on holiday in another country and i had to pay 1cent for the call. i never actually received a call when i was at home... but if you missed the call you can listen to it on your voicemail (without any additional costs i think?)

5. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

This is such a common question that the devs actually addressed it in their FAQ, available on the website. Here's a link. The relevant portion:
    I HEARD I CAN GET CALLS AND PACKAGES, WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH THAT?
    During an active season, players have the option to apply for various levels of gametoplayer interactions, in the form of receiving phonecalls and packages (with no additional charge to players). These are called “Clearance Levels” and refer to the level of immersion you wish to have with our game:
    ● Red Level (Default): You’ll get emails from the game.
    ● Orange Level: You may get emails and phone calls from the game.
    ● Yellow Level: You may get emails, phone calls and packages.
    ● Green Level: Once a season, a player is selected by the community to take part in a day long, fully immersive experience. If you are selected, you must submit a full medical exam and sign a personal injury waiver.
    Please note that during the offseason, calls or packages are not be guaranteed.​

3 people like this.
  6. Whisp

Whisp New Agent

Thank you so much for the link, I'd tried following older links and kept getting error pages!

7. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Yeah, they changed a bunch of the things on the webpage fairly recently.