Clam Instructions Update

Discussion in 'Previous builds' started by crux, May 18, 2016.

1. crux

crux Special Adviser

Hi!

I've been working on making the CLAM instructions more clear for players, I wanted to know what you thought of the latest draft? You can read it below, any comments on improving the instructions are welcome!

Data Types:
    Node A processes data A, throws errors for data B, and is neutral to C
    Node B processes data B, throws errors for data C and is neutral to A
    Node C processes data C, throws errors for data A and is neutral to B

Instructions:
    Review the data types in the DATA FLOW stack and their properties.
    Click a node (A, B or C) and you will be able to place it on a slot in the circuit.
    Place the nodes to maximize the amount of data processed in the DATA FLOW.
    If more than 4 unprocessed packets reach the end of the circuit, the system will overflow.
    Press the PLAY button to begin the processing stage.

Node Properties:
    Nodes can process at most 4 packets of data.
    Nodes can throw 2 errors before failing.
    Nodes that have failed cannot process data and will allow data to pass through them.
    You can replace one node per round with a new node.

2. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Are the nodes drag and drop or do you click first on the node type and then on the node location? That needs clarifying. I would also focus on the data types rather than the node types, or maybe using a table?
    [​IMG]

3. crux

crux Special Adviser

You click first on the node type and then the node location. A table might be a good idea to visualize the relationship between node types and data types. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

After replaying through the game again, I'd add another suggestion. When you can't place any more nodes, the cursor should change from indicating what node type you have selected to a different cursor. Maybe an X or a grayed out box?

5. crux

crux Special Adviser

Yes I think that greying out the box might be a good way to give the player feedback to indicate they can't place anymore nodes.

2 people like this.