Best Game I have Played In A Very Long Time.

Discussion in 'General' started by cronkllr, Dec 2, 2016.

1. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

I just finished the game. ( NOT ARG CONTENT) And let me tell you this game was fantastic. The puzzles were just the right amount of Challenging VS extreme, but each one was right there in the sweet spot. I could not stop playing and it is one of those game you just keep saying 5 minutes more, and it ends up being all night.

The Ending * ( don't know if its the true ending. I doubt it with all the fun ARG we have to search and find the deeper path.) Just what is after the last checkpoint was AMAZING. I watched it 20 plus times now. and I see more and more of what is happening in the background. and what it ties into.

to the A&S team.. GREAT JOB..

10/10

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. themadhuman

themadhuman Senior Agent

That was truly awesome to watch come together, and then being so familiar-yet not... I will definitely replay it and pay much closer attention to the trans media campaign. There was so much there, I feel...

emato and Jarobi like this.
  3. bladedraconis

bladedraconis Moderator

I'm very disappointed that the connections technique was simplified.

4. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hey Bladedraconis! You feel we made it too simple?

5. bladedraconis

bladedraconis Moderator

Easier to solve, yes. But don't mind me, Anashel, because everyone else seems to be enjoying the change. I'm in the minority :)

To be fair, I did struggle with two of them because I couldn't make sense of them. Earlier connections clicked like a charm, these not so much. But my brain works in mysterious ways.

themadhuman and cronkllr like this.
  6. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

I had completed the puzzles before the new release. Now I decided to start from scratch and I have to say that I am not enjoying some puzzles like before.
    I am not a great fan of the sigil, since it is difficult to see the groups of letters and work on usable words. Having this system also on the connections has definitely not made it more enjoyable to me.
    Also, many puzzles were interesting to research. There were a lot of anedoctes involved, although the solutions were not always "logical" - but that was understable since it is an oniric game.
    Now I feel that the puzzle are less interesting and the solutions are even less understandable.
    However, I am just ranting...
    Perhaps I need a couple of sessions of the Glasswick Technique.

bladedraconis likes this.
  7. Anashel

Thanks for the feedbacks, without giving too much spoiler, can you give me some cue on the puzzle you fell had a setback?

cronkllr likes this.
  8. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

I will start a private conversation on the puzzles, so I will not have problem with spoilers.
    However, as general feedback, I would like to highlight is that I don't enjoy at all the sigil.

First issue, the luminosity of the tool: I have serious issues to "see" the group of letters. I need to hover the pointer over each of them to read them.
    Second issue, the size of the sigil, especially in the new connection part.
    I often have to write the letters on a piece of paper before trying to "build" a solution.

Also, I usually pass through a dissociation of feelings while I am experiencing the dreams (puzzles). I find very rewarding the "research" part, finding a "connection" between the voice, the messages and the images. But I find very frustrating trying to "fit" whatever solution I am thinking in the group of letters of the sigil.

9. Anashel

The Sigil goal was to replace the input field from the Black Watchmen. It's not perfect, but I felt it was an improvement. I agree that we need to keep working on finding a better way to have your input 'answer' without breaking the immersion. I'll look at your PM right away!

10. Joris

Joris Active Agent

I do think the sigil adds a lot to experience and I would be sad to see it gone. But is a problem right now because it is way to hard to read the whole sigil and look if your answer might be correct. The only solution I can think would be to give a glowing border to parts that start with a letter you press on the keyboard.

bladedraconis and Anashel like this.
  11. Clear

Clear Active Agent

I actually thought the sigil was perfectly thematic. Like your eyes had to trace the letters in such a way that you were becoming entranced, drifting away as you thought. I'm glad the gates don't follow this though, especially later in, it adds lucidity to those sections

bladedraconis likes this.
  12. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

Well I feel the sigil is great. It's not there for you to guess a answer. It's there for you to input it.

I think that the people that dislike it are trying to see the answer by looking at the sigil letters instead of looking for the answer VIA research. Once you research what table puzzle your in the answer sticks out.
    So when you answer in the sigil you know the letters your looking for.

*NOTE I am not disrespecting anyone with my comments here. And not speaking about ANYONE in particular. But these are just my thoughts and and the way I feel. I do not think this game should ever try to be brute forced or guessed.
    It's a puzzle game and when you figure it out the sigil is easy.

Like I said no disrespect to anyone. These are just my personal thoughts .

themadhuman likes this.
  13. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

Not feeling disrespected and not intending to disrespect, I disagree with your thought.
    As I mentioned, I love the research part, but sometimes the precise solution is only marginally different from the concept one think is the answer after researching. And the sigil adds the additional complexity of having to "find" the right combination of characters (with the visibility issues mentioned above).
    If the sigil was easier to "navigate", then it will not add more difficulty to the solution of the puzzle and the effort would be concentrated on the research.
    As it is now, I find it an additional nuisance that does not add to the immersion.

But this is only my opinion.

14. Bodizepha

Bodizepha Active Agent

I've got to say, I love the game and the fact the forums/community don't give the answer. More of a strong slap in the right direction, but never the answer. Not that I've seen anyway.... Well done A&S, well done!

Anashel likes this.
  15. emato

emato New Agent

I just finished the game last night! I did all the ARG parts (that I could!) and enjoyed every minute of every part of it. I was sad to have finished it. I hope there will be d/l content someday - maybe something to add another chapter to or something.

Thank you for such a wonderful ride! I don't think I have enjoyed a game so much in a very, very long time. From the narrative, to the puzzles, the artwork and music to the game mechanics! Everything was so developed and fun. It was also challenging, but it a good way. Thank you for a great game!

Anashel and themadhuman like this.