Anyone Seen A Snake?

Discussion in 'Division-66' started by MidDipper, Mar 8, 2016.

1. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Title says it all. Lost a snake. Probably not in Micro C, I think it mighta slunk out through an air vent. It's not that big but you'd know it if you saw it. Also probably not venomous. Let me know if you spot her.

2. Operator

Operator Senior Agent

What do you mean "probably not venomous"?

3. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

I mean it's probably not venomous. I didn't get a chance to check before she escaped. Tricky little thing.

4. Operator

Operator Senior Agent

....Well I can't guarantee it'll be alive if I find it.

5. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Definitely try not to kill it. It's a test specimen. If it's venomous and we get to you before you die you'll probably be OK.

6. Operator

Operator Senior Agent

Still not going to guarantee anything.

And I'll be staying out of this.

7. Castilion

Castilion Senior Agent

What does the snake look like? Im starting to panic...
    I detest snakes

8. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

It looks like a snake. Seriously? You know what a snake looks like.

9. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

yeah well, i know what snakes can look like, but if you could provide some intel on the colorscheme and/or size, we know what kind of danger we're potentially in...
    as a rule of thumb; the brighter colored snakes are more venomous than the more camouflaged species, also bigger snakes are usually not venomous either.

right now im praying its a pretty big snake, with a very plain colorscheme... though i expect the exact opposite of it

10. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Well, she's a hybrid. So all rules of thumb are out the window. Sorta big, I'd say about the length of my arm? She's all black. Answers to 'Mary'. She's a snake but she's highly intelligent.

11. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

sounds like a venomous snake to me...
    an arms length is usually very small for a snake.

12. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

I'm not used to working with snakes, as you might have noticed. So arms length seems big to me.

13. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

lets just hope im wrong on this one, but in this case its better to 'err' on the side of caution

14. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

@Operator is it possible to lower the temperature at HQ 'a bit'? lets say to about 4-5 degrees Celsius (about 40 Fahrenheit)?
    since snakes are coldblooded, the dropping in temperature might induce 'Mary' to go into hybernation
    (or else go to a place where its warmer....)

15. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

I've recovered the snake.

Whoever taught her to swear, you are a monumental jerk.

16. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

okay, this is going to need some extra explaining;
    i understand mary is an incredibly smart snake, but as far as my knowledge of snake anatomy goes, they dont have vocal chords
    or even the long capacity to reproduce sounds that are recognizible human language...
    and even if it was, her tongue and lips definitly shouldnt be able of mimicking human speech
    also... ive been told snakes were supposed to be deaf?

my point being; are you sure she is 'just' a snake hybrid?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  17. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Mary can write. She's a snake hybrid, designed from the genome up for intelligence. She has the mind of a four year old, give or take.

18. Castilion

Castilion Senior Agent

Ohhhhh Im so sorry.
    It got the drop on me then backed me into a corner so I started swearing and opening fire.
    Unexpected consequences?

19. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

oh thank god, about the writingpart
    i was really starting to get worried over here

20. Operator

Operator Senior Agent

Well seems thing have been resolved. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, had to cut my connection for a bit.