Announcing Division 88, An Url Shortener

Discussion in 'General' started by JantsoP, Sep 16, 2015.

1. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

So i got this idea from many places tough. I bought a domain an found a script online to handle ULR shortening. You can short all TBW related stuff there or use it just for fun to promote the game.

You can access the site here: http://div88.org/

Options:
    Normal short - Just copy link and press Shorten
    Advanced:
    Custom Alias - If you need a custom alias, you can enter it there
    Password Protect - You can password protect the link. Good for missions etc...
    Description - Only for registerd users. Easy to find what each short url is for
    Geotargeting - Well yeah. It's an option. You can limit the URL for just one or more contry. Easy to target example multi lanuage site. Example: http://div88.org/local_forums (Works only for France, China, Germany, Netherlands, Poland and Finland users) That will redirect to you'r own local forums.

Sharing options:
    QR-Code (Good for Sandbox missions? *cough* hint hint)
    Facebook and Twitter

16 people like this.
  2. JantsoP

I'm working atm to bring SSL encryption to the site. Now waiting my SSL authority to grant the certificate so i can install on the server. On second matter of business, i was thinking of providing @div88.org email address for everyone who wants it. Not sure how big it could come but that is one tought of promoting the game :)

EDIT: SSL certificate installed on site :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    4 people like this.
  3. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

About them email-addresses, any progress towards a decision?

4. Grim-Angel53

Grim-Angel53 Senior Agent

5. JantsoP

div88.org has been put on private mode. Better briefing will come around later today why i had to do that

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  6. JantsoP

All times in this briefing will be in GMT+1. Please note! This is an full disclosure about the sittuation. I hope you understand.

On 14th of October 2015 around midnight, The Division 88 URL Shortener was subjected to an malicious attack by unknown entity. They used the system to create phising links to an website which they were helding to gather an customer login data for Bank in Holland. I found out about the breach to system via RSA AF CC (RSA Anti-Fraud Command Center) at 7:55 am who informed me that the site has been comprimised. After getting such notificaition, i took action to secure site. I took site offline and started looking what has happened. Logs showed that the attackers only managed to create links and nothing else. All user data on my server was never compromised while they tried to access acording the logs. No succesful login never occured due high end security on Database and on server. After the site was secured, i contacted RSA and the Bank in question. I agreed with them to provide all source code for the site so they can check the code to be sure about site security. The Bank in question wishes to be anonymous.

Due the latest phising attempt i have decied to only allowed users in. If you want to use div88.org, please contact me in here and on IRC

Followin changes have been made to service
    - Removed malicious link
    - Removed users who created the links
    - Removed all registerd users w/ 0 links created (if you were one of them, pleae message me so i do new account for you)

Questions or worries about this? Pleas contact me in IRC or here via PM

7. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Good job getting things under Control @JantsoP !

8. R4Ki

R4Ki Active Agent

I haven't been on div88.org in a good while, but now it looks like the site is down.
    Is it only temporary or... worse ?!

9. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

since i havent seen JantsoP in forever, i asume this thing is down since forever as well