An Irc Apology

Discussion in 'General' started by Syckozis, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Syckozis

Syckozis New Agent

First: I'd like to say I may have misunderstood the use of the IRC channel and would like to appologize for having potentially having an attention grabber. It wasn't my intention, but it was still there and I would like to apologize for it.

Second: I'm new to ARGs and IRC, but that is no excuse to have missed the point of the room.

Third: Please don't be a spelling nerd regarding me considering my sentance structure and words often are incorrect.

One more thing... If this is on the wrong forum or not even supposed to be here, please delete it.

Sincerely,
    Syckozis

2. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Hi Syckozis,

You have nothing to apologize for. The IRC serves as a meeting point for a) help with missions, b) discussion of the game, and c) general chat. However, many of the active agents are located in the U.S. and Canada, and it's rather late here right now, so the channel is never very active around this time. You weren't being ignored, though I understand that it might seem that way.

I do think you're right in that we should have some more information visible on the forum about what goes on in our IRC channel. It can seem daunting to enter in the middle of a conversation, and horrible when it looks like you're being ignored. I'll leave this thread open until the team gets in tomorrow morning, since I'm about to head to sleep myself and won't be able to follow up with you for a bit.

6 people like this.
  3. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

As Nikel said, nothing to apologise for.

Though since it's just some public message you felt obliged to post, more like a user-scale announcement for something you thought you commit, i don't see much point of keeping it open, unless it starts a proper topic of discussion.
    If it doesn't, we'll lock/delete it eventually.