[all Players] Operation Silverspear Poll

Discussion in 'General' started by Kakuzen, Aug 22, 2016.

?

What was your favorite aspect of Operation SILVERSPEAR?

1. Getting out in the Field (Recon)

68.3%
  2. Collaboration with other Agents (Coded Messages)

53.7%
  3. Live Stream Finale (Time restrained problem-solving)

51.2%
  4. Other (please specify in thread)

4.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Alright, I am setting up a poll to get some info here: What was the best part of Operation SILVERSPEAR in your opinion? YOU CAN SELECT MULTIPLE ANSWERS. I think this info will prove very useful to Alice & Smith and provide insight to the rest of the community. If you have any additional comments, PLEASE let me know in this thread! Communication is highly appreciated!
    af98db88-9ccc-4206-8aed-2b9e2477d8c9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
    6 people like this.
  2. Balamung

Balamung Senior Agent

Loved all the parts of the live-event, but having the possibility to go out in the field was the best thing of the event, by far, especially since there was incentives for recruiting friends, or at least, make them participate in the live event to introduce them to the game =)

3 people like this.
  3. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Definitely. I was trying to get Agent @Skulleygruvn into the game, and he was hesitant, but then I called him up and said "Screw it let's do a REAL live mission!", and he had tons of fun!

5 people like this.
  4. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

I agree totally with you guys, but i also have to say being able to listen to the operation stream during the final of the mission just took it to a whole new level of awesome!

2 people like this.
  5. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

i really regret not being able to participate in the stream solving part... but im glad there is a recording of it ^^

6. Balamung

Balamung Senior Agent

Totally, I guess this is because it is my first ARG real-life event, so I'm only discovering the game/outside world interactions :) Agreed for the finale, that stream was intense on IRC (So many people jumped straight to waterboarding, I'm scared of these people !)

6 people like this.
  7. bladedraconis

bladedraconis Senior Agent

Everyone did great! I loved getting out of the house ;)

4 people like this.
  8. Agent_Newton

Agent_Newton Active Agent

2 people like this.
  9. Remconn

Remconn Active Agent

I put in other because I really liked having something physical to handle; that being the codebook. I've made notebooks for games before and being able to use them for that game added an extra oomph to it.

Anarchy online anyone? I still have a self made notebook for that one. But then, I kinda geeked out on it :)

5 people like this.
  10. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

I was debating printing out the pages... I should make a Division 79-themed binder of all the archive pages!

2 people like this.
  11. Natalia X

Natalia X Active Agent

I liked it all! I've owned the game for ~9 months, did S1 & started S2 with a LOT of help from the walkthroughs, but I didn't really feel "connected" until SILVERSPEAR. I liked the field work/recon and putting my small town/s on the map -- and seeing that there's at least a couple other agents in my state (MN). I loved deciphering the codes with the AMWOG book. And finally, the live event got me involved with the live chat, both on twitch and in the IRC, which made me actually feel like part of the community here. That bolstered my confidence, and I immediately purchased the MR DLC and enjoyed it immensely.
    I'm now kicking myself for missing/opting out of 5+ live events because I didn't think I was a good enough agent/I was too timid to just leap in. :( But! I'm happy that SILVERSPEAR *did* get me involved! I'm eagerly awaiting S3 and more live events!

6 people like this.
  12. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

AEWESOME FEEDBACK! This is what I wanna see for a response! :D I can agree that starting out is very intimidating, as I started out near the end of Season 1, where most people already established themselves in the community. But, I threw myself into the IRC to say hey and found myself in one of the friendliest communities I have ever been a part of. Glad that you enjoyed yourself!

13. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Thank you everyone for your fantastic feedback!

We were all thrilled by the amazing community involvement in this live event. We had over 1400 photo submissions from 39 countries! We were blown away by the number of attack strategies we received during the live stream, and had a good laugh at the reddit posts looking for more photos. "Nice try, lazy russian spy."

We will take note of all this feedback for future live missions, to be as inclusive as possible for all agents around the world!

3 people like this.
  14. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to your future missions. Figured this would be a little helpful, since I didn't see a feedback thread yet ;)

15. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

2 people like this.
  16. mrbanks

mrbanks Senior Agent

I chose "other" to the Poll above as i loved all sections of the live mission I enjoyed the collaboration with other agents on here before and after the operation (the first time i have ever done this with a Game). I enjoy the real life aspect of actually getting outside and having to secretly take pictures. I loved the time stream and how Dispatch from time to time would address you directly making you as a "Agent" feel needed and gave validation to the fact it was actually live. but most of all I loved the immersion of the live mission as it made feel real and i really liked this all in all i think the mission was incredibly well crafted and executed congrats to the makers and the people involved but also congrats to the people playing the mission as that i think is also an integral part in making this mission immersible the saying "you get out what you put in"
    in this case was correct. Loved it and cannot wait for more.
    P.S. Sorry for long-ish post.

5 people like this.
  17. Remconn

Remconn Active Agent

So I was filling out the little info thing about what else we'd like to see in the live events and lo, what I saw AFTER sending in my blurb! The same thing was already being pondered by those who acquiesce to us bottom feeders, allowing us to soil that which the makers of this great game let us play!

Even if we get only part or what's proposed, I think it'll make it MUCH better. If nothing else, you get a BUNCH more bang for your buck, or euro, or shekel, or....you know.

18. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

I will say that I really liked operation Silverspear, but my location kinda dictated where I could do fieldwork... I live in a small town and can't get a lot of field intel easily.

19. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

For work-related constraints, I would prefer an operation where I can contribute with analysis and intel without having to spend too much time in the field. But that is my personal preference

2 people like this.
  20. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior Agent

I was glad that the recon portion was altered to allow us to unlock local post offices near us. Decoding the transmissions was also fun. Made me feel like I actually contributed something to the operation. Sadly, I can't offer any input to the twitch stream, or the hub that was used in it as I had work during the time it went live.

2 people like this.