AITDW Mission 5

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by codex-13, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. codex-13

codex-13 Voynich

Please use this thread to discuss Mission 5 of the Alone in the Dark Web DLC. Feel free to post theories, hints, and nudges here, but please do not post the answer!
    Spoiler tags are your friend.
    Code:
    [spoiler]Spoiler tags are your friend.[/spoiler]

Cevern likes this.
  2. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

I'm stuck on 5.2
    Trying to decipher the pastebin file without much success. I'm certain the decryption key is related to Russian space dogs but so far anything I've tried hasn't worked.

3. codex-13

codex-13 Voynich

reread the email exchange.

4. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

the dog you mentioned, was a clue to find something else mentioned in the mail exchange

5. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

Thanks. I went back later and realised they were talking about postage stamps. Didn't take me long to figure it out then, with your hint.

6. PRODIGY

PRODIGY New Agent

I'm completely stuck on 5.1, no clue what I'm supposed to do here. .-.

If someone could give me a nudge I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

EDIT: Someone on the Discord helped me out, I'm all good now.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  7. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

Just started 5.1, any nudges? Do I need to manipulate the page somehow?

PRODIGY likes this.
  8. PRODIGY

PRODIGY New Agent

Hey osudvm17.

Try pressing CTRL+A.

9. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

Thank so much!

PRODIGY likes this.
  10. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

Am I supposed to be
    sending an email to obrien
    in order to get to the next step in 5.2?

11. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

Nevermind, finally found what I was missing.

12. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Agent

Hold the phone....
    What pastebin?

13. Mooner101

Mooner101 New Agent

I am completely stuck on 5.2. I furthest I got was opening the archive.

14. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

for the first part you need google and only the first part of obriens first message
    use this to find his email-adress: its not the same as the one we previously used and its not on the list either
    he wont give you what you want yet, but hell give you a name you could look into

15. Onesmy

Onesmy Active Agent

Hi everyone!

I'm also stuck on 5.2.

I've been trying to harass our dear friend using email addresses that seemed possible according to the content of his first email, but obviously I'm not on the right track since everything came back with a nice "nope, this email address doesn't exist" message. Or I'm an idiot who somehow managed to misspell the correct answer.

I really hope that at least this idea is the correct one.

First I thought our dear friend was somehow into taxidermy of famous beings, then I realized O. was talking about a collection far less gruesome and far more common. I tried the words I could think of that were associated with both ideas, but English is not my native language so I might have missed something somehow obvious. Anyway, no luck there. After that, I checked the cities at the beginning of his first email, saw that both were associated with the mining industry and so obviously somehow with the railroad industry. Tried both industries (although I'm not sure about the meaning of the numbers in that case), without forgetting metallurgy, because you never know. It seems that this isn't the right path either. That, or I'm seriously missing vocabulary.

I didn't find anything specific with N and C. A few companies, a mall, a city with that name, and a weird link about some people's death.

I am probably missing something obvious. I feel like I somehow either completely misunderstood something or missed a hint. If anyone could just give me just a small push in the right direction, that would be very appreciated.