AITDW Mission 4

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by codex-13, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. codex-13

codex-13 Voynich

Please use this thread to discuss Mission 4 of the Alone in the Dark Web DLC. Feel free to post theories, hints, and nudges here, but please do not post the answer!
    Spoiler tags are your friend.
    Code:
    [spoiler]Spoiler tags are your friend.[/spoiler]

Cevern likes this.
  2. Acquinox

Acquinox Active Agent

I am having difficulty locating the final Rosenberg debriefing, I have already gotten access to the Rosenberg internal page but I have not been able to link it to anything that gives me a clue on how to continue. Both the Intranet and Archive pages on the Rosenberg website have not yielded any results either.

3. Joris

Joris Active Agent

The Intranet and Rosenberg Archive won't be of any use in this mission

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Acquinox likes this.
  4. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

What
    id page are you speaking of? The rosenberg clinic internal page or the page from the archive?

5. Joris

Joris Active Agent

R̶o̶s̶e̶n̶b̶e̶r̶g̶

edit: wrong mission, oops

6. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

okay, I'm sorry, but still not getting it. I know this is something simple that I'm overlooking, but I cannot for the life of me make the connection.

7. Joris

Joris Active Agent

edit: wrong mission, oops

8. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

I don't think I am seeing the page.
    I have made it to the rosenberg clinic page that discusses M55 and leading the way, but I don't think this is the page you are referring to? I think this may be my problem, what information leads me from the hidden rosenberg clinic page to the final rosenberg debriefing page?
    Sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain.

9. Joris

Joris Active Agent

I've created a Converstation so we don't have to worry about spoiler tags

10. evamouse1

evamouse1 New Agent

Is your conversation archived somewhere others can access it, as I am stuck at the same place as osudvm17 was in Post #8?

11. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Agent

I've hit a brick wall on 4.2 as well.

I know what the connection between the doctors is, but I'm not sure what to do with that information, if anything. I've tried it as a password in the archives (both Rosenberg and Watchmen) but nothing so far. Also couldn't find a way to locate the open cases regarding other clinics. Feels like I went down a rabbit hole and got sidetracked.

EDIT: SOLVED - MAJOR HINT:
    There's a reason why they don't want to go public with this information.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  12. evamouse1

evamouse1 New Agent

Thanks for the hint, but I am still stuck.

I found the further archive documents about Chambers and the Qilin, and the one that lists the inactive agents, but they both have the triangle so I am still looking for the call number that will get me the numbers that mean it is still replicating...

I'll figure it out eventually I'm sure, but any further nudgeswould be welcome.

13. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Agent

Not sure if this needs to be spoilered, but it seems like you're talking about a previous mission than this thread here. PM me if you still need a nudge!

14. evamouse1

evamouse1 New Agent

Definitely not the wrong mission.

I found the connection between the doctors, found the Rosenberg Clinic archived document, but couldn't figure out where it "leads the way" to. I am looking for an archive call number since that is where the eventual digits to stop the replication come from, and what the library catalog shows I am looking for. I tried many things, and found an archive call number that led to a document (Chambers' dismissal) that led to another call number, (a list of agents no longer with us) but both of these have full triangles indicating that they have already been replicated, and that I haven't yet found the place it is currently replicating, and can't find anything in the second BW archive call number that leads me on.

Can't immediately find a way to PM you. I'll have a better look around...

15. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Agent

Ah, sorry, I confused myself. I started a conversation with you, I'll help you out!

16. Arhoolie

Arhoolie Active Agent

Now it's my turn to be stumped. I put this game down a few months ago and now I'm back in 4.2. The conversation above makes very little sense to me. I found the connection between the three characters but I don't know what to do with it. And some of the clues above are confusing me. Do we need to get into the rosenberg archives/intranet? Is that Chambers doc of any note, or used only for earlier missions? I think being away too long has left me more lost than I expected.

17. evamouse1

evamouse1 New Agent

The info at the Crimson Library url given to you for this mission tells you how and where to use that information and how to format it. You are very close. There are 2 pertinent areas in that url, and the first one relates to what you are looking for. The Chambers document is only tangentially useful; it doesn't help you move forward (at least it didn't help me to move forward) but does explain why Chambers isn't around any more).

18. Arhoolie

Arhoolie Active Agent

Thanks. I got through this by going to the #aitdw IRC archives, which shed some light on things. I can see I've become rusty at this.