AITDW Mission 3

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by killian, Dec 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. killian

killian New Agent

Mod message
    ---
    Please use this thread to discuss Mission 3 of the Alone in the Dark Web DLC. Feel free to post theories, hints, and nudges here, but please do not post the answer!
    Spoiler tags are your friend.
    Code:
    [spoiler]Spoiler tags are your friend.[/spoiler]
    This thread was originally scoped for Mission 3.2 exclusively, but I expanded it to encompass all of Mission 3.
    ---

Hey fellow agents,

I've been stuck on this one for a while now and I'm not sure if I just didn't do a step correctly. I have tried emailing the agent being highlighted for this mission based on their given contact information, and I used the pertinent information that the other document said to specify. I'm mostly unsure if I used the right formatting in the email and that isn't triggering a response but I could just be going down the wrong rabbit hole altogether.

Hints are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  2. Quaesitio

Quaesitio Active Agent

The email doesn't work. For some reason, it won't accept emails.

3. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

Sorry, but grisha is being grisha; that lazy ass is "too busy" (read; he's on holidays again) to respond his emails...

4. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

I tested the email and it work. Can you PM me what are you sending and what email are you using so I can try to debug it?

5. Bach

Bach Senior Agent

I ran into the same problem but found a fix/solution:
    the email-adress in the archive file is wrong. It should be "[email protected]" instead of "[email protected]"
    I don't know if this "error" is intentional but it is a little bit misdirecting...

codex-13 likes this.
  6. codex-13

codex-13 Archivist

@Anashel, I think the above post might be the root of all the problems with this mission. :)

7. killian

killian New Agent

I can confirm that the solution Bach presented fixed the issue.

8. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Yes, it is in fact an error. I asked @Jarobi to fix the document asap, sorry for the issues.

9. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master Staff Member

Document has been updated.

codex-13 likes this.
  10. Kaltern

Kaltern Active Agent

Just a small error (probably):
    d2k4f2 - Document has a small error ' aks' instead of 'ask' - unless I've missed something really obvious...
    That is all :)

11. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

how mean of you to point out agents Chambers Dyslexia :p

codex-13 likes this.
  12. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

Okay, I am on 3.3 and I have the two files from the archive open and I am trying to follow the trail, but at a loss as to what needs to be in place to get
    Agent Grisha to respond with information in email, and what information I am expecting to get from him. Is his former chief listed on the background report? Or is the email that we get back from him telling us to "go bug someone else" what I'm supposed to be connecting to the next file?
    Am I on the right trail? I feel like I've missed something in the information already given.

13. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

On a whim, searched archives for
    CHAMBERS
    . Is this a direction to take? or a Red Herring? Stuck at this point as well.

14. codex-13

codex-13 Archivist

Check the background report again.

15. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

Ugh, looked again, found where Agent Grisha worked for the
    Federal Security Service
    , tried to send email with information from who was in charge at that time, but no good response. Anything else?

16. osudvm17

osudvm17 Active Agent

Good grief! Just read more on the wikipedia page...got it!

17. Baizhu

Baizhu New Agent

I still don't get it.
    Tried asking Grisha about all the directors of FSB from the relevant time period, specifically
    both Nikolays and this other dude who had a lot of responsibilities in 1998, as well as now
    But I always get the "go bug someone else" response.
    Do I need to name this person in some specific context maybe?

18. Baizhu

Baizhu New Agent

Good grief indeed.
    Wrong department. Oops.

19. Gognar

Gognar Active Agent

Can someone give me an hint on mission 3.1 ? I don't find the link between
    nfl, wholsale jersey and the code
    thanks

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  20. Alexander666

Alexander666 New Agent

I am stuck trying to solve the equation for mission 3...
    I x VI + XII and I X V I + XII both demon 18 and 29 won't work - 1-6-12 looks like a number sequence but demon 24 does not work either - do I need to somehow utilize Euler's number to solve this?

...I did stumble upon this easter egg (?):
    Try www.inconcessus.com/mbrojtje/%20solve for some Lovecraftian weirdness - I have loosely translated the words into a message about Cthulhu dreaming in the House of R'Lyeh