AITDW Mission 1

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by zimv, Dec 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. zimv

zimv New Agent

Mod Message
    ---
    Please use this thread to discuss Mission 1 of the Alone in the Dark Web DLC. Feel free to post theories, hints, and nudges here, but please do not post the answer!
    Spoiler tags are your friend.
    Code:
    [spoiler]Spoiler tags are your friend.[/spoiler]
    ---

I'm in alone in the dark mission 1 part 2
    I need to find the archive code that is corrupted and i can't find it i got to a website with a magic box saying "66" when you solve it but that's as far as i got

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
    SkylerZ likes this.
  2. zaelong

zaelong Senior Agent

i think you made a wrong turn somewhere, because that link is a dead end; or at least not necesary for this part
    1) did you get the link to the library?
    it mentions a certain link format
    2) read the archive file carfefully
    there is a referance to a certain date, hidden in there

3. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

Hello, I am currently stuck on mission 1.2 of the Alone in the Dark Web DLC. I have found the
    rosenberg clinic ID system
    and the
    date of the montreal en lumiere's opening
    but that date does not work, really stumped here and any assistance would be great. thanks

4. acentes

acentes Active Agent

Are you certain you read the email exchange fully?

5. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

Let's see, they talk about the weather, about the opening of some festival that goes from february 23 to march 10, they talk about the payroll and the usual place, and one of the two people is from rhopagroup, I tried that site, can't figure out the puzzle though.

6. zaelong

zaelong Senior Agent

Are you sure you are looking for the right year? This file is something that already happened...
    Also: Take note of the link format given to you by the crimson library

cronkllr likes this.
  7. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

Note the specifics.
    The email transcript has a date it was sent. And the event is listed you found.

And one other main thing was to look for discrepancies. Do you see anything that is written wrong?

And as zaelong said. Look at the Crimson library for format needed.

8. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

It pains me to say this but i can't even get past the first part of the first mission!
    Although i found a fun bit of code in the page, most likelly the entrance to the biggest rabbithole of all!

In the code of the vitruvian man page i found this:
    50 68 27 6e 67 6c 75 69 20 6d 67 6c 77 27 6e 61 66 68 20 43 74 68 75 6c 68 75 20 52 27 6c 79 65 68 20 77 67 61 68 27 6e 61 67 6c 20 66 68 74 61 67 6e 2e
    converted from hex it is:
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    which means:
    In his house, dead Cthulhu of R'lyeh waits dreaming.

Anashel likes this.
  9. zaelong

zaelong Senior Agent

Wow, apparantly you found the 'easter egg' but didnt see the answer..
    try to find the pattern for the sum and solve it
    you should look up that answer in a table on wikipedia, thats referanced in your document

10. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Still can't get it to add up!
    I can't get the math to fit into any of the lists of demons on wikipedia! Even after having bruteforced the answer i can't get it to fit together. Also since there are several different lists where the demon is named (in different places of the lists) it get's even more confusing. I still want to know the real solution to this even though i got to the answer another way.

11. zaelong

zaelong Senior Agent

Steelgramps likes this.
  12. Ectogwarb

Ectogwarb New Agent

I feel stupid, especially after all the hints here. I can't find any type of math that makes any sense to figure this mission out! I found everything pointed to in this thread except the part where math links it all together. Help!

13. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

It does if you:
    Consider the amount of dots! Both bellow and above.