Advanced Clearance Required

Discussion in 'ARG Support' started by Scorpion, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion New Agent

The last thing that I want to know is whether or not this experience and everything associated with it has been cleared with the proper government channels. This inquiry might seem poignant; allow me to explain. Let's say, for example, I receive an anonymous electronic message from the developers detailing my next "operation". However, unbeknownst to the devs, their e-mail contained buzzwords used by the FBI, CIA, or NSA to detect potentially suspicious activity, and the following day, I get a knock (or kick) on my door, followed by, "FBI, warrant, open the door!" Or perhaps I check my mail in the morning to find a suspicious looking package in the box. However, unbeknownst to me, the package also attracted the suspicion of a law enforcement personnel working at the post office, and they proceeded to tag that package with a GPS bug, in order to find the package's destination. This would have roughly the same result as the first scenario. So, to restate my question, do the developers of this game have the tacit approval of ALL government agencies/facilities to conduct the "operations" outlined in the description? Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.

2. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

I am nearly 100% sure that the NSA does not care if you are playing an ARG.

EDIT: I should amend this by saying that I know people who work for the NSA, FBI, etc. This sort of thing isn't even a blip on their radar, unless you're already doing a whole bunch of other nastiness. You really have nothing to worry about.

3. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Moved down from General to ARG Support.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion New Agent

@MidDipper Thank you for your response. I wanted to be able to enjoy the game, free of worries of incarceration.

5. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

You are definitely not going to go to prison because of this game.

6. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Yeah that will happend with like 99% chance. But if you do get mixed up with authority, please give them full co-operation so there will not be any other issues :)

7. Scorpion

Scorpion New Agent

Absolutely. I have no criminal record; I'd like to keep it that way.

8. DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N

DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N Senior Agent

It's a sad world we live in, when we live in fear of our own spies coming to arrest us for playing a game.
    I mean, you can think 'they would understand', and they will, but there is still that nagging doubt, because it still technically possible.
    So long as no one makes a Taliban relic recovery mission, we should be fine.
    Now excuse me while I go back to ... this ... community mission ....
    Damn.

3 people like this.
  9. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

No offence but that is a risk every agent of TBW takes.
    Yes certain keywords can flag you, but if anyone is,watching they can see you are going to the black watchmen forums and irc quite a bit. So they can tell it's a game.

No , you do not deserve advance clearance just for playing this game ( we all do these search and keywords) . If you are that worried use a free VPN there are many out there.

I know there are flagwords. But any good agent for a .government agency will do more homework. Nothing to worry about by playing this game.

But like I said no offense to you, but what you think you deserve higher clearance from every other agent who does the same ammount of work or even more from the senior agents. That is the life of a agent of TBW

10. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

I don't think that he was asking about actual advanced clearance here. He was just questioning whether or not TBW would be something that would get you in trouble with the government. The answer to which here is 'no'.

11. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

I was going off of the topics name.